TESTIMONIALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
"We hire Miriam whenever we have a writing project that must be perfect. She finds every error and problem, and does it quickly. She's very easy to work with — extremely responsive. I highly recommend Miriam. She is a superlative editor."
- Ann Hancock, Executive Director, Center for Climate Protection
"I've worked with several editors, but none so quick and clear as you. You were also professional and extremely easy to work with."
- Oren Wool, Executive Director, Sustainable North Bay
"I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Miriam for over four years. Not only is she one of the most competent people I have ever worked with, but she is caring, extremely bright, and trustworthy. It's a real pleasure to be associated with her!"
- Lynn N. Simon, FAIA, LEED Fellow — President, Simon & Associates, Inc. Green Building Consultants (now part of Thornton Tomasetti)
"Your work for me always appeared so effortless that it belied the high level of care and intelligence behind everything you wrote. Your attention to detail remains unmatched in my 30-odd years of running my practice. I am happy to see you focus your considerable talent on finding solutions to our environmental problems."
- Brooks Mostue, AIA, LEED AP BD+C — President and Principal, Davis Square Architects (formerly Mostue & Associates Architects)
"This is just the kind of thoughtful and thorough feedback I was hoping to receive, Miriam. Your comments and editing suggestions are astute, refined, and most greatly appreciated; each comment resonated as 'spot on' and your help with grammatical proofreading and polishing was invaluable. Your forthrightness and fair-mindedness combined are very special gifts. Your ability to listen and then translate draft text into clear, organized, dynamic messaging is a true talent. With integrity, knowledge, and skill, you brought our eco-story into focus."
- Katherine Krause, Vice President, Wild Sanctuary
"Miriam is a superbly talented writer, researcher and green building advisor. Her years of experience show in her dedication and attention to details. I've enjoyed working with Miriam on content development for green building/LEED projects. Miriam is a passionate advocate for sustainability education, and shares her knowledge through her comprehensive blog and professional projects. She produces excellent work!"
- Andres Edwards, owner of EduTracks, green building and sustainability advisor, and author of Thriving Beyond Sustainability and The Sustainability Revolution
"Thank you for writing such a clear and succinct introduction to green affordable housing. It will be of great use to the symposium. Thanks for your good and prompt work."
- Ed Worthy, Former Vice President for Education, National Building Museum
"Both manuals look excellent: well written and very comprehensive. They set a standard to which we can aspire. Thank you for your good work."
- Keith Weber, Director of Construction Services, John Stewart Company
"Thanks for your dedicated work on this project. You have done a wonderful job."
- Dana Bourland, Director of Green Communities, Enterprise Community Partners
In responding to a questionnaire that was distributed at a Global Green organizational development session, Miriam’s colleagues anonymously described her as:
- “Thoughtful and insightful”
- “Low key and high voltage”
- “Honest and organized”
- “Kind and compassionate”
- “Calm, focused, and very smart”
- “Able to see the Big Picture”
- “Has depth, knowledge, and expertise”
Speaking Evaluation: On an evaluation form for a presentation that Miriam gave at West Coast Green '07, attendees gave her presentation the top rating in the rating categories of "Informative," "Useful," and "Skills Gained"—and in their written comments, attendees described the presentation as "excellent" and "thorough."
PRESS / MEDIA MENTIONS
Miriam and her blog, The Green Spotlight, have been profiled in:
Miriam has been quoted in:
- Mother Earth News magazine, August/September 2011
- GreenBuildingAdvisor.com, June 30, 2011
Miriam has been mentioned in the:
- DDC (Design Develop Construct) Journal: "Green Crisis Averted: Tips for avoiding the pitfalls of green building," by Shawn Gaines, Winter 2008/09
- Units magazine: "Green Building and its Impact on Multifamily Housing," by Patrick Horn, June 1, 2008
- Professional Builder magazine: “It’s Not Expensive Being Green,” by Felicia Oliver, August 2006
- Design-Build Project Delivery, a book published by McGraw-Hill Professional, 2006
- Environmental Science and Technology online: “The Changing Chemistry of Office Cubicles,” by Kellyn Betts, June 22, 2005
- San Francisco Chronicle: “Save money by saving the planet” by Lynette Evans, September 29, 2007
- San Francisco Chronicle: “Greening those gables, floors, walls, and rugs” by Laura Thomas, October 16, 2004
- OIKOS Green Buildings News: “Paper Identifies Barriers to Sustainable Building,” July 1999